
Siskel, "Really good. I like this movie a lot. There was a lot of controversy with the ending and I watched the alternative ending on-line, but felt they made the right choice. It makes me want to read the book it is based on -- a 1960s sci-fi novel. Thumb up."
Ebert, "I'm not a fan of scary movies and, while this isn't one of those gory movies, it does have its fair share of 'BOO' moments. So, I closed my eyes A LOT, but I did like the ending. Didn't like the alternative ending we watched on the web. I would give it a sideways thumb."
Siskel, "Heigl is pretty good in this movie, including on the eyes. But, I felt the dialogue was forced a lot. Some very unrealistic moments in my humble opinion. As far as chick flicks go...I've seen worse. Neutral thumb."Ebert, "Now, this is my kind of movie. It had all the key components - weddings, yuppie love stuff, and great clothes. I give this one a thumbs up!"

Siskel, "Not as good as the stage show and the writers took out my favorite confrontational song. I wouldn't have made a lot of the same cinematic choices as they did (ie. Mark on bike to start the musical with "Rent" was kind of weak sauce). Though, still worth a watch as it's pretty much the original cast. Thumbs up."
Ebert, "It was all over for me during the "Roger's in Santa Fe" scene. You know which one I'm talking about if you've seen this movie. Because John, excuse me, Siskel is so obsessed with this movie, I have to spite him and give a sideways thumb. I do like the music -- especially Take Me or Leave Me!"
Siskel, "I think I would have missed A LOT of throw-aways the writers take for granted (i.e. readers having historical knowledge of the story) but for the fact that Roger had read the book and we had previously watched The Tudors series. Also, Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson should have switched roles. Scarlett looked very homely, which is not good. Thumb neutral."Ebert, "Well, the book is WAY better than the movie. I believe the writers left out A LOT and confused a little bit of the story. Fortunately, I'm a big fan of historical fiction based on King Henry and his wives, so I'll give a thumbs up."
1 comment:
You guys are to funny! I had to laugh at your comments! Hope little Jack is feeling ok. It was so good to see you the guys!
Post a Comment