
Ok, so this post is a week late, but I post when I have time.
Anyway, we went to a parade for the 4th of July* with the in-laws last week. And we got to talking about folding "tailgate" chairs. Everybody has them (probably multiple). You can use them everywhere, and they are super handy. So the question becomes, how much money does that dude that invented them have in the bank? Probably not Bill Gates or Warren Buffett money, but he has probably got Tiger Woods money, right? I could probably make that last through retirement.
*Which, by the way, parades are not as big a deal in Kansas and Missouri as they are in Iowa. I found this odd. When I was growing up, the West Des Moines parade was always a big deal, and kids and families lined the streets to watch it go by. Here in KC, I don't think any other families in my office even went to a parade. When I asked them where parades were held around town, they looked at me with a gaze that said, "Why would you want to go to a 4th of July Parade?" Apparently, they haven't been introduced to candy.
And since it wouldn't really be a post by me if it wasn't about me... Robert Joseph Foster needs to get off his butt and finish his research on my super awesome patent idea (so we can be rich like folding tailgate chair guy). So Megan, if you are reading this, please give your husband a giant kick in the pants for me; our retirement homes in Tuscony depend on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment