
Mom and JT were in town yesterday, and we attended the national touring production of Wicked. Lindsey and I had previously seen it in Chicago a couple years ago, but that didn't suppress our desire to see it again (you know me and musicals...)* Anyway, it was awesome - full of gooey oz-ian goodness.
Last night also doubled as a "first" for us... we left the Jackal with somebody other than our family, or daycare provider. Lindsey's co-worker/friend Robin was kind enough to watch the little man for the evening, and I am happy to report that both Robin and Jack came out unscathed looking no worse for the wear after the experience! Thanks again Robin - we totally appreciate it! The show didn't get over until around 10PM, which is an hour after Jack's normal bedtime. I thought that we would be in for a long night - considering you don't wake a sleeping baby (its like feeding a bear) if it all possible, but the little guy gave mommy and daddy a nice relaxing night of sleep. Sadly, I think part of the reason Jack is sleeping through the night fairly well right now is because he is self-medicating (read: he is sucking on the back of his hand all night). I am glad he doesn't "need" his pacifier all the time, but I just hope that this hand on mouth thing doesn't become a precursor to "thumb sucking kid."**
*Sadly, it is true. I do so love my musicals. But its cool...I like sports too!
**It's hard to be a world class left-handed pitcher when the thumb of your throwing hand is stuck in your mouth. Just sayin... Not that I have his life planned out at all or anything...just a little guidance.
No comments:
Post a Comment