Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sad State of Affairs...

I may have reached a new low. While I've never been coined a culinary sensation, I have always prided myself on a tasty chocolate chip cookie or a filling egg casserole every now and again. This evening I realized I have so much to learn.* As I was searching through the appliance cabinet in search of our food processor,** I discovered the following item:





I have NO idea what this item may be. It looks like it may blend or chop something, but I really fear the sharp blades until I know what its true purpose is.....I'm sure my mom (a.k.a. Nana) will be the first to call with an answer. I believe I received this item as a wedding gift and thought at the time how handy it would make my kitchen adventures. Laughingly, I probably wrote in a thank you something to the effect "thank you for the wonderful _____, I'm sure John and I will put it to good use making some yummy ______." I'm sure I have some other unused items sitting in the kitchen, but I'm pretty sure this is the only one I don't know how to use :)***






*Becoming a mother to a boy makes me want to be better at a lot of things -- throwing a football, not squirming at creatures in the yard, riding bikes, scoring a baseball game, and cooking yummy foods for all the men in my life. I may have set my expectations a little high but I really think I can be a hip soccer mom :)


**I have become obsessed with going "green" Maybe this too is because I've become a mom and want the very best for my little sweet pea, but I also it would make us better people. We've started recycling a lot more and I've even made some homemade cleaners using vinegar and baking soda. But, my biggest goal is to make as much homemade baby food as possible. Thus, the need for my food processor --- which sparked this entire project of cleaning out the appliance cabinet and coming across the white plastic blender type thingy above....


***I just had to use astericks like my husband. We are too gosh darn competitive. And for all of those who really know my husband, you can only imagine what his question was for me when I said I wanted to go more "green." How much is this going to cost?

1 comment:

Heidi said...

If it makes you feel any better there are things from our wedding (kitchen things) that I have never used either because I don't know how!