Thursday, February 12, 2009

I have been violated

Dearest Readers,

I have been violated. Frankly, I have been violated in a way that no man should be violated.

I suppose I should start at the beginning of what begat this terrible turn of events. Sunday night was a terrible night sleeping in the House of Mills. You see, young J-bomb refused to cooperate with his parents wishes of sugar plum dreams, and instead elected to keep his parental units up throughout the late evening and early morning.

On Monday, Jack visited his pediatrician for his 1 year old check up; he was subsequently diagnosed with an issue in his Eustachian tubes (hereafter referred to as a "ear infection") - the second of his young life, and he was placed upon antibiotics in order to fight the fierce ear infection. Unfortunately, said antibiotics had little effect on the troubling impairment, forcing Jack to undergo the first two of three straight days/rounds of shots. Yes, the dreaded shot(s). As many of you may know, antibiotics, as well as medicinal shots, can have an adverse reaction on a young person's bowel movements. That is to say, one's diapers can be quite a mess.

Approximately 20 minutes ago, in the evening of February 12, 2009, I encountered a phenomenon previously unknown to all of mankind*. A full frontal blowup. Certainly, rear blowouts** are a somewhat common occurrence for even the most well-intentioned child. However, you can imagine my surprise when I opened Jack's onesy and was sprayed with an unknown and foreign (and foul!) object...frontal diarrhea blowout poo (hereinafter to referred to as the "grossest thing in the history of gross things"). Panicking, I sprinted to the nearest water closet to cleanse myself (face included), my shirt...and my soul of the grossest thing in the history of gross things. I mistakenly thought a 1 year old would lie still and patiently wait for his father's triumphant return. Tragically, I was wrong. I must have blacked out shortly thereafter, coming to only moments ago. Thankfully, Jack's diaper and clothes were somehow changed.***

*Well, at least to me anyway.
**Out the diaper and up the back.
***By an angel?

This will be the first and only time we discuss this issue, as I will now bury the memory deep down, never to be found again. As Drew Rousenhous would say, "Next question.... Next question."

Unfailing yours,

Trey*

*Names may have been changed, to something completely off-the-wall, to protect the innocent.

PS - I give Lindsey's "twittering" career (look to your left) a shelf life of about 1.5 months in total.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Laughing out loud at this one Trey:) To bad you all wanted us to call you this in high school....so your covers blown:)

Christa said...

You can run, but you can't hide TREY!.. We know who you are. Unfortunately, we know all to well what it is like to have the dreaded "BLOW OUT" and the Eustachian Tube issues. Kate will be getting tubes put in before she even turns 1 (Tubes 3/10, Birthday 3/22). She has had 4 infections since November and the most recent being Monday as well. We could have commiserated together.
Hope he starts to feel better.
Give him a big hug for us! Lil' (well, compared to Kate he's huge) Birthday Guy!

Christa said...

We had to do the 3 shots of Rocephin with Mallory. She eventually ended up getting tubes. You may want to consult with an ENT. I can tell you both Susan and I have a lot of experience with ENTs in the DSM area, especially Susan! Dr Douglas Schulte is AWESOME! I hope he gets to feeling better soon! It SUCKS seeing your little one in pain!
Good luck!