You know what is awesome? Not the weather in DC. Apparently we are under a winter storm warning until Monday AM. Unlike Iowa, they really don't know what to do with snow and bad weather here, so this could be quite amusing. Anyway, 1 week down and 2 weeks to go until I am back home! So that's good.
Given that I currently do not have a wife giving me "honey-do's," nor do I have a child that requires constant supervision/attention, I find myself with a lot of time on my hands. This "time-off" makes me hark back to my Pre-Dating Lindsey Days (PDLD), which was the last time in my life I did not have the aforementioned responsibilities. Given the increased time on my hands, I have found myself actually working out a little bit. Coincidendentally (or not?), PDLD-John was about 30 lbs. lighter than married-dad-John. Now, I don't want to blame my out-of-shapness ALL on the Lindsey, but I would conservatively guess that she is 90% at fault for me being a fatty; she is constantly stuffing pizza and fries down my gullett.
Since the weather here stinks, I have been confined to a treadmill. I much prefer the outside, but a treadmill suffices when the weather is not optimal. As such, I thought I would give you all a sample of the Millsian Workout playlist (cut down for a 20-40 min. run)*, complete with sweet commentary/analysis.
1. Eye of the Tiger - Survivor.
If you can't get up for a workout with Rocky in the background, then you have no heart. Period.
2. Best of You - Foo Fighters.
This song actually makes me feel like I should try harder at life. I still don't :), but at least it makes me think of it.
3. Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne
Can't say that I have any other Ozzy or Sabbath songs on my i-pod, but this does a nice job of sustaining motivation after the initial adrenaline of beginning a run starts to wane.
4. I Don't Want To Be - Gavin Degraw
Another sustainer song just to keep you moving along.
5. What Goes Around - Justin Timberlake
When I hit this song it starts to pick me back up and gets my blood pumping again. I used to really dispise JT. I thought he was a contrived and fabricated pop-star, like so many on the radio today are. However, through apperances on SNL he started to show a bit of a sense of humor that wasn't unvieled prior to that point. Then I saw him host the ESPYs and became convinced the dude just has "it." He was really fantastic on the show. I would put my money on him doing doing the Oscars in the next 5 years or so. I think he could really be successful on broadway even. He has a bit of a breathy voice, but has good comedic timing and inflection in his singing (at least on the ESPYs skit song he did). He is like a male Kristen Chenowith in a way.
6. The Way You Make Me Feel - Michael Jackson
The King of Pops keeps the good vibrations flowing with this all-timer.
7. Hey Ya - Outkast
What's cooler than being cold? I said, what's cooler than being cold? Minnesota!?! No, its really ice cold! Alright Alright Alright Alright Alright Alright Alright Alright Alright.........Alright Alright Alright....Alright already!
8. Mr. Brightside - The Killers
I am tired of writing stuff now.
9. Lose Yourself - Eminem
Are you actually still reading? Good for you if you made it this far!
* Did I mention I have some free time on my hands?
No comments:
Post a Comment