Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Extended Visitation.



So Lindsey and I were talking the other day. We have been back as a family for like 2 weeks now (maybe 3, I've lost track), but we kind of feel like we are just here on an extended vacation. Now, I know... living at mom's is not exactly the same as enjoying a mojito on a beach in Mexico, but its not bad; living at home isn't the weird thing... (yet).

Its just that we don't have any of our stuff. We don't sleep in our bed, we don't cook* with our pans, we don't watch our TV (AND MY MOM DOES NOT HAVE A DVR!!!) - so we don't really feel like we live here yet. We basically feel like we are on a long vacation to Des Moines** We are still super excited and happy to be back though, so we got that going for us!

*Ok, you got me. That was a bald faced lie. I shoud have said, "We don't eat our Chipotle on our plates" Check that..."We don't eat our Chipotle on our own TV trays" (we wouldn't want to dirty our dishes).
**Where I get to go to work every (nice vacation). At least the weather has been nice.



In other news, we drove up to Webster City on Monday* to see Jaime and meet her new little boy, Brennan Patrick. Jack wasn't sure what to think about somebody litterally half his size (doesn't happen a lot). Anyway, it was really nice to see James and her family, but it made me feel really old - more and more of my high schools friends are having babies! Isn't that crazy? Shouldn't we be watching Tommy Boy or something? We are old!


*Federal gig is already paying off with a dayoff for Columbus day (a first for me) - yeah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So...we finally live in the same city, I kind of figured we should get together or something. Give me a call...lunch, dinner, whatever! :)

P.S. Do you guys have new local numbers yet?