Saturday, October 31, 2009

Nothing like the first time...




We have experienced a lot of "firsts" over the last couple weeks, so we thought we'd share. A couple weeks ago I had one of those sweet federal-employee-random-holidays, so I thought it would be a fine time to take Jack to his very first movie ever - Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs . I am not sure which Jack loved more - the movie or my popcorn* - but we made it through the whole movie without an episode. It was definitely considered a win. The pic above is Jack looking at the Where the Wild Things Are poster. Based on Jack's reaction to its trailer, I think we may be making a return trip soon.

*My money is on my popcorn.

J-diggity also rocked his very first tie last week. All the other kids in church nursery were jealous with his preppy-fabulous look.

In addition, J-money got his haircut last sunday! My Aunt Kim was kind enough to come over and give him his first big boy haircut. While we really liked the sweet pseudo-mullett he was sporting, we realized that we lived in Iowa, not Alabama, and wanted him to fit in with the other kids on the playground (peer pressure, you know).



And in case you were worried that Jack is suffering from malnutrition, you will be happy to know that we had a check-up last week. He came in at the 95% for weight, and 75% for height. I think he's doing just right...

1 comment:

MadKanga said...

What a big boy! And, score on the first movie! You never know how they'll do with that! He did great!