Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Good News

We are finally up and running with internet at the House of Mills, Des Moines Edition. No thanks to Qwest, mind you. First, it took like 2 weeks to get them to come out and set up the line. Then when they did, they didn't do it correctly, so I had to have them come back out again and fix it. I then went to install an old at&t modem, and the tech person said that I couldn't use it as the old modem wasn't supported by Qwest. Thankfully, I am brilliant and discovered a way to circumvent the company line of garbage Qwest was spewing in my direction. Long story short (too late?), we are back in business at the Best.Baby.Blog.Ever. version 2009, and should be able to post much more frequent.

Quick update:

Jack's teeth have been hurting like crazy. At a checkup recently, his doctor said that his molars were coming in, and that molars can be really ugly for a baby - bloody and everything. Good thing she told us, because if we saw blood coming from Jack's mouth we would be headed straight for the ER. Anyway, yesterday was a really tough day for J-Bomb. This is a kid that has a really great temperment probably 95% of the time, but yesterday fell into the 5%. Jack woke back up at 11PM, and cried and moaned until 2:30AM. Nothing Lindsey and I did (rocked him, held him, tylenol, tried to let him cry it out, gave him a bottle) had much of a positive effect. I think the little guy just passed out due to exhaustion at 2:30. I am sure with his teeth hurting coupled with the fact that he is just starting back into daycare (and not taking naps due to all of his new friends), its been a recipe for disaster. Here is to hoping he feels better soon.

We are fairly well settled in the house, and certainly functional at worst. The basement and the garage need to be organized, but other than that, I think we are ahead of schedule.

The Hawkeyes looked great in their bowl game on New Years day. As for Iowa State, oh yeah... they didn't qualify for even the toilet bowl.

My back has been put to the test with the shoveling this young winter season has required to date. My buddy, Den Farlow had the right idea, but women (as always) have a different idea. Fun haters. Sometimes I miss the balmy (by comparison) Kansas City winter weather. But we are so happy to be back home that the thought quickly passes. Yay Des Moines!

Who is looking forward to Lost returning? I know we have the DVR set to go. Anyone else kind of "over" Grey's Anatomy?

Just for comparisons sake. 11 months ago vs. now. He is like a little person now. Its crazy!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Sorry the little guy is not feeling good...molars are the worst!

Laura B. said...

Teeth are the worst.
Let the record state Den Farlow bypassed the snowthrower for a Christmas gift for me and got it for himself instead.
To Den Farlow,
Love Den Farlow.

He gave me a meat thermometer. Awesome.