This was something fun floating around Facebook and I thought I would post mine here:
1. Even though I like to complain to John (a lot!), I am truly enjoying my new routine of working. Jack seems to be thriving at daycare (and by thriving, I mean extremely active. That kid is exhausted when he gets home. Thank you, daycare!)
2.I talk to my mom at least twice a day and my dad at least once.
3.I love that John is the drop-off person and I am the pick-up person. There is nothing better than seeing your baby grab for you, smile and say “ma!”
4.I always turn the radio and temperature off when parking my car. My old Grand Am’s owner’s manual said it would improve engine performance. John doesn’t believe me.
5.I am really proud how far John has come along in his handyman skills. He has fixed a million things that 3 years ago I would have bet you money he couldn’t do
6.Jack rolled off the bed onto a hardwood floor at 8 months…
7.…I was watching Jack when he rolled off the bed…
8.…I made John driving us to the emergency room in tears; with a happy, giggling baby in my arms.
9.I overreact
10.I love living in Des Moines. I missed everything – to name a few: Palmers, the Civic Center, Valley West Mall, B-Bops and, most of all, my parents!!!
11.I loved living in Kansas City. I loved our first home and the hardwood floors, the black & white bathroom, the screened porch, our neighbors, and living so close to Chipotle!
12.I get the “baby itch” all the time! Then, I remember the sleepless nights and the itch goes away for a few days
13.Someday, I hope to drive a lovely, stylish, comfortable, and spacious………MINI-VAN! John doesn’t understand because he drives an SUV, but trust me, lifting a big boy like Jack in and out of the back seat of a car is tough AND who doesn’t want doors that open automatically?
14.I love my mom’s lattes, but I also enjoy my coffee with hazelnut creamer every morning, too!
15.I strive to have a home that is half as inviting as my parent’s. The minute you walk in, it smells good, there is plenty of comfortable seating and the food is always delish!
16.I don’t think you can ever have enough lamps.
17.Nothing beats one of my grandma’s bran muffins, but the batches I have made since being back in the working world have tasted pretty good every morning.
18.I grew up in Oklahoma, so I love things like: Frito Pies, Black-Eyed Pea Soup on New Year’s Day, hearing my mom sing “Boomer Sooner,” and my grandparents’ home.
19.I love family traditions and get excited about our own: homemade pizza on Sunday afternoons, Christmas flannel sheets on every bed in the house during the holiday season and Christmas pajamas for everyone on Christmas Eve, etc…
20.All of Jack’s baby food was homemade. I enjoyed using the food processor. I was glad I could do that for him (and it was therapeutic going to Whole Foods)
21.I really pushed my husband to buy us a treadmill when we moved into our new house and I haven’t even used it once.
22.The TV shows I DVR and can’t wait to watch: How I Met Your Mother, Jon & Kate Plus 8, The Closer, LOST, The Office, Big Love, and Friday Night Lights…and we just finished the first seasons of Weeds and Prison Break – loved them BOTH!
23.John and I had our first date night since Jack was born last weekend!
24.I admire how hard John tries to make me adhere to a budget. I try really hard…I really do
25.I love my husband more than anything (and I definitely don’t tell or show him enough!)
2 comments:
This was great fun to read! Can't wait to see you guys!
Love this list. Especially how important christmas jammies and sheets are to you.
I know we're going to be great friends! :)
See you guys Friday!
Post a Comment