Well, Lindsey called our real estate agent today to set-up our inspection on the house, only it appears we are more ready to move into the house than the builders are to build it. So we will now be moving into our humble abode a week later than originally planned (on December 12, 2008). Sweet... They fed us some lines about Mid-America not running the gas out there yet, and without heat they can't texture the walls, paint, etc. (at least that was the story behind the delay this AFTERNOON). Though its pretty interesting that when Lindsey drove by the house this EVENING they were texturing the walls. My guess, our agent called the general contractor this afternoon, and he had a "whoa* shnikes" moment realizing that the house is suppose to be done asap. Anyway, we are dealing with it; there are much worse things in life than having your house delayed a week.
*I don't know if you noticed or not, but Lindsey had a "Whoa" post a week or so ago. We both thought that "whoa" was actually spelled "woah," but at alas the latter is not so.
In the TMI* department - Jack loves to be naked on his rug in his room (a kind of faux-shag carpet). When we get him ready for a bath, he does everything in his power to roll over to the rug and squirm around, all the while with a huge grin on his face. Don't know why, he just loves it.
*That's "Too Much Information" for our loyal readers** out there over the age of 30! :)
**Assuming we still have anybody checking in... We have not done the best of job updating as of late.
Ok, so I have a confession. Lindsey has this rule that when we read Jack his bedtime stories, we have to read at least 2 books. Its a faulty rule with faulty logic behind in that books come in all shapes, sizes, and LENGTH. For instance, the Cat in Hat is like 80 some pages long. It takes a while to get through, so think about 2 books of that length. I can read that much (it may take a while mind you), but Jack certainly cannot sit still long enough to not make it a very trying experience. I think we should read to him for like 10 mins (as that seems to be max time of concentration on the little man), but as you know, I do not make the rules :) So 2 books it is. I hate to confess this when Lindsey will know my secret, but due to superior intelligence, I have beaten the system. For my second book this evening, I read "Grover Goes to Bed"... all 4 pages (including illustrations) of it. It reads, in its entirety as follows: "Grover cannot go to bed without a hug from his mother. Grove cannot go to bed without his glass of water. Or his night light. Or his teddymonster*. Grover cannot go to bed without a hug from his mother." Yes, I have it memorized. How do you like them apples, Lindsey?!?
*Teddymonster always kills me. Good stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment