Wednesday, November 19, 2008

From the Department of Awesomeness


If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.
- Deuteronomy 25:11-12 (New International Version)

Moses wrote the book of Deuteronomy, which is actually a collection of his sermons to Israel - I knew I liked that guy.

Anyway, I have been reading The Year of Living Biblically (One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible - as Literally as Possible) by AJ Jacobs. It is kind of out of the Bill Bryson meets Dave Barry mold of books. Needless to say, I am loving it. Right now, AJ is journeying through mainly Old Testament scripture, which as you would guess, provides the best writing material (like the above quote) for his writing. As a Christian in the modern world, I am very thankful for the New Testament. :)

No comments: