Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Daddy's Week @ Home, Day 3



As you can tell from the jersey, Jack is on "Dad's Team" - and its a wonderful team we make.
We are batting 1.000 (2 for 2) so far into this young season (read: week at home). Yesterday was fantastic. We were able to get two pairs of $20 kahkis at a GAP outlet, and some $40 Nike running shoes (on sale from $75 thank you very much). But that's not all... we went grocery shopping too! - all within a 3 hour time frame in which Jack did not fuss one bit.
Today we are going to visit the barber - for Dad, not the Jackal*. I like our chances to extend our hitting streak to 3 straight days of Team Dad domination.
*I am testing out nicknames to "John's" nickname of "Jack." Think about this...Jack is already a nickname. But since it seems like a name, I feel the need to call him something else. We have been through Jackie, Bust (which was short for Buster Crabtree or Buster Brown), and Jackson (like Jack & son put together - but who actually lengthens a nickname?) Lindsey hates them all - I think I will try out some more tomorrow!
Random Side Note: Our little dog - Buddy, has been digging and getting out of the fence the last couple days (he doesn't go anywhere, just to the front of the house, but we still live on a fairly busy street). So I had to put up an airial runner for him. He is currently getting used to it, and it is quite comical to watch him test its limits. I feel bad, but we'd rather have him alive than getting out where he could be hurt.
Random Side Note 2: I would like to thank the "readership" (aka Heidi) for sticking around. I appreciate you sticking with us when other "readers" (aka Meg) decided they were too good for our blog!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently Jack may need me to stop over at lunch to help change his outfit this week???? Poor Jack!

Heidi said...

You are welcome John:) I enjoy keeping up with you and little Jack. Congratulations on a wonderful day of shopping...all within one feeding...impressive!

Anonymous said...

I love it...your "readership"...is that even a word?!?!

At any rate...just wanted to let you know I'm still reading too!!! :)