How does a person hate Winnie the Pooh, if such a person exists to begin with? Further, how does somebody marry somebody that hates Winnie the Pooh? The answer to the later is that its too late, and said information is shared with one's spouse after completion of the nuptial process (should this question be posed in marriage counseling?) The answer to the former is that these people do, in-fact, exist, and come in the form of one Lindsey Ellen Mills.
During the holiday season, in anticipation of Jack's arrival, I bought a generic "Baby Bjorn" from Walmart*. It was four dollars. FOUR. That is less than a gallon of milk people!!! So of course, that got me excited. I purchased said carrier (which contained a Winnie the Pooh embroidered emblam), and went happily on my day. Did I mention it was four dollars? When I showed my dear wife the carrier at home, I was taken aback by the fact that she was not as thrilled with this purchase as I was. So I quickly emphasized the fact that I got it on sale for FOUR dollars again, thinking she must have missed that part of the story. But to my dismay, she did not. It turns out, Lindsey is not a fan of the Pooh. I myself am not a fan of the "poo" - but that is another story for another day. I have still not received a valid reason why she does not like Pooh (or Tigger or Christopher Robin for that matter) -- but needless to say, it didn't take some of the steam out of my FOUR DOLLAR PURCHASE, because that is a great deal my friends!
However, when I see my wife put on the carrier with the character that she hates... well that my friends... that is priceless...
If you will excuse me, I have to go prepare the couch - it may be a long night's sleep.
*Walmart is proving to be a much better retailer for my baby-dollars than Target right now. First off, Target instituted a new return policy that limits an individual to 2 "w/o receipt returns" per year (and nothing over 20 bucks). That's craptastic in my (not) humble opinion. Whereas, Walmart basically takes anything back, at any time; that flexibility, my friends, earns big time points in the Mills household. I do think Target has "classier" merchandise (relatively speaking), but when the kid is either going to 1) poop on said merchandise, or 2) outgrow said merchandise in a blink of a whale's eye, the "downgrade" does not outweigh the flexibilty of an easy return.
2 comments:
No a big fan of Pooh myself...have to agree with her on this point...but $4...good deal John!
Totally agree about Walmart taking anything back...love it! I used my 2 take-backs to Target forever ago...what a dumb rule! They would not even let me exchange for a bigger size for Ollie when the tags were still on! I wanted the same thing...just a different size...they obviously don't understand about the "growing out of an outfit before you even try it on" thing!
So sad Jack will never know the joys of Pooh! Reagan is a self-created Pooh fanatic. All it took was one toy his first Christmas and he had a friend for life. Now it's "Pooh shirt" "Pooh socks" "Pooh jays (Pjs) He won't go anywhere without his Pooh hat and sunglasses. It was his first friend, and the first "person" he recognized and called by name (other than Mommy and Daddy), so we have to love him too. Guess I won't offer you guys his Pooh costume from last Halloween. :)
Post a Comment