Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Our Mornings.

I've seen this a couple times on other blogs, including my friend Holly's blog and thought I would do the same, especially during a week when John is in D.C. for work :)

Our Morning:

5:55-6:15am "Make" a bottle for Will :) Let dog outside to play.
6:15-6:35am Shower and get semi-ready for the day
6:35-6:45am Jack wakes up, begin to get him dressed for the day. Pull out a green shirt and jeans, to which we had the following dialouge:

Jack: I don't want to wear that shirt!
Me: OK, how about a blue shirt?
Jack: muffled yes
Me: with blue shirt in hand Here you go, buddy.
Jack: What does that shirt have on it?
Me: It says, "New York Giants." It's a football shirt. You can be a football player today at school. It's daddy's favorite team.
Jack: I don't want to be a football player.
Me: thinking about the precious time we are losing Well, do you want to watch Dora during breakfast this morning?
Jack: yes
Me: Then you are wearing the shirt.

6:45-6:55 Pop a waffle into toaster, pour OJ, pull out a vitamin, wash and dry Will's bottles for the day, start Dora, spread peanut butter on waffle, slice banana and head back upstairs
6:55-6:58 Blow dry my hair
6:58-7:15 Feed Will, burp, change his clothes, pull out a extra set of clothes for daycare, place Will back in crib and give him some toys
7:15-7:23 Continue to get dressed for the day
7:23-7:25 Start another Dora episode on Netflix for Jack
7:26-7:44 Finish getting ready, take Will downstairs and put him in carseat
7:44-7:51 Make myself a latte, pack my lunch, put Will's bottles and change of clothes in bag
7:52-7:53 Wash Jack's hands and face, tell him to put on his shoes and coat
7:53-7:54 Find another toy for Will to play with while he waits
7:54-7:56 Find Jack with no shoes or coat telling me, "I have to go potty!" I get really excited, take off his pants, diaper and sit him on the "pot"
7:56-7:56.5 Jack's done sitting on the pot. "I don't have to go, momma" Smile
7:57-8:05 Load the car with all the bags, help Jack put on shoes/coat
8:06-8:10 Put boys in car, Jack sneezes all over so I grab kleenex to wipe everything clean
8:10-8:11 Kiss Will who hasn't made a peep. He smiles back.
8:12-8:15 Bring dog back inside
8:16 Pull car out of garage. Bummer, we are late.
8:19-8:29 Get boys unloaded and into their rooms at daycare
8:30 Drive to work and enjoy my cold latte
8:30.5 Realize I left my lunch on the kitchen counter. Smile.

We can't WAIT for you to get home, Daddy!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it. Hang in there.