So its been a while, eh? Some of you probably thought that Jack had moved out given the lack of posting. But let tell me you this, he is alive and well...testing boundries with the best of all soon to be 2 year olds. And frankly, its been stinkin' cold outside. I know that we had a Kansas City hiatus for a while, and therefore may not be adjusted to "real" Iowa weather, but this is crazy, right? I mean, since I have been shoveling snow (yes, still shoveling...no snow blower here...yet), I cannot remember a winter that is this cold, with this much snow fall, and also lacking in sunshine. It wears you down... it keeps you from blogging (or something).
Anyway, as we embark on February 2010, The Mills Family is setting some goals for the new year:
1. Starting tonight, Jack no longer gets to sleep with his pacifier. Jack has never really been a kid that needs his "binky." However, we have always allowed him to sleep with one. Well, he is a week shy of his 2nd birthday, and we are cutting him off cold turkey starting tonight. From the sounds of it, you would think we were beating him with a wet noodle right now. It could be a long night/weekend.
2. For the 15th straight year, I am vowing to finally get in shape. We'll see if we can keep the streak going next year.
3. Finish the basement. Jack and Lindsey have too much stuff. Therefore, I must finish the basement so I can move some of it down there. If that fails, and I still feel cramped... I will move myself down there. I don't require much.
All for now. Holler.
1 comment:
Good luck with the paci. Maddox was the same kid- no paci during the day- only at bedtime. I would have enjoyed standing on the ice with no socks on for 3 hours more than I enjoyed that debacle. It took us - um, I mean - it took me 3 days to get through it. But, it was LONG 3 days. Keep us posted!
Post a Comment