We met up with Daddy after he finished the Tonganoxie Days' 10K Run. I couldn't believe he ran the race after his long night, but he did and has a t-shirt (and exhaustion) to prove it. He believes he came in dead last out of the 12 men that ran the 10K, but swears he beat some women. We didn't make it in time to see him cross the finish line, but after looking at some of the contestants eating the free food afterwords, I believe him :)
We all had fun walking around Tongy Days. Jack saw his very first swine show and wood carving contest. He was a real show stopper (I'm not bias at all) and received a few free balloons to tie onto our stroller. He giggled at the balloons, which made me happy :) John had been "helping" with The Burning Sensations' BBQ all evening and morning, so we had to stay around to see the finished product. Of what I tasted, it was very good. I guess the judges didn't agree....oh well, the leftovers were tasty tonight for dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment